Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thinking Out Loud

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It's been quiet.
Just me and the purr and fur gang and my thoughts.
The weather has been entertaining to say the least.
Wind, yucky stuff from the trees everywhere.
Hail storms that freeze and look like it snowed in April.
Sun that decides to shine at all of us.
Big smile from me and the purr and fur gang for that.
Birds that wake me up later than the gang would like.
Jodie Belle likes to get me up early early early.
Think Collie nose checking to see if I am a wake.
She's a silly little girl.
 
Since I am feeling a bit better,
I now have time to figure out what's next.
I have two months before I have to go back
to my favorite hospital for tests and results.
 
I look around this old house and I see a million things
that need to be cleaned or thrown away or just done.
 
My two kids are coming home soon from college.
I've been cleaning up a bit due to their arrival.
 
I've been thinking about my life.
What to do and not and that kind of thing.
 
In a purrfect world, I'd never get sick again.
Would be able to walk and hike without pain.
Oh, that's a big dream right there.
Not going to happen but I can still put it on the list.
 
In a purrfect world, I'd be happy.
I'm not really.
I think the six weeks of recovery and the months before
did me in emotionally and physically of course.
I'm tired and don't know what I want to do.
 
I'd love to go to the Ocean for a bit
but who who take care of the purr and fur gang.
Maybe those kids that are coming home.
That's my thought.
I'll take my time driving there.
It's about four hours away.
That's one thought.
 
Only when I get done, I have to come back
and that's where I need to work on the
being happy part.
 
Like I said, it's a mental thing.
Got to work on it.
Improving myself.
Hard to believe that at my age,
I'm not thrilled with who I am.
 
I wish I were a member of the purr gang.
They seem happy most of the time
except when Riley is chasing
 Meredith Ann and Jasmine.
Then there's a lot of screaming going on.
 
I'm good at yelling.
See, I could be a cat.
Siamese or Torie, please.
 
Just thinking out loud over here in the woods.

~ JC ~

1 comment:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well there are some advantages to being your fur gang...they have you!

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals