Friday, February 21, 2014

Catting Around

 
 
~ ~ ~
Another day without being able to do my own photos.
I took this one from Pinterest.
 
It's Friday but seems like a Wednesday.
The week was weird for me
due to the extra day Holiday.
And, yes, I always capitalize Holiday.
I like the word.
It's meaning.
The potential of it.
 
My woods have been quiet.
A few birds visiting
but not too much other than that.
 
I see the Spring arriving though.
A few bulbs are trying.
Which is hard in my woods
due to the squirrels, deer, bear,
 raccoons and coyotes.
(I haven't seen the last three
in a while but they're out there)
 
I don't blog often.
Doing this and that
and keeping busy.
 
Not being able to post
my own photos
is a bummer.
I think do I really want
to put the time into it.
Still working on the fix
for this old computer.
Each day it's recover a bit
of what it lost but more
is waiting to be retrieved
from the vapors of disc ville.
 
This weekend, I have a list
a mile long of things
I need to get done.
 
The Purr and Fur Gang
have been napping
and helping me.
Not much else to do
until the warmer days
decide to arrive.
 
We are waiting
and looking out the windows.
Hoping it makes an
early dance down our
long driveway.
 
And, that's about it
from the woods
on this sort of
chilly Friday.
 
~ JC ~


4 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well, that is a darn cute picture! I hope you get your weekend stuff all done. Hugs from all of us!

Ivan from WMD said...

Don't you just want to hiss at spammers??

JC said...

I got a spam. I deleted it. Just letting everyone know that I will do that to you if you comment on this blog.

As William says, HISS .. go away.

XO,
JC and The Purr and Fur Gang

Katie Isabella said...

I have seen some on my human one. I have comment moderation after 24 hours so usually I get to see it while it is waiting for moderation. A few have gotten past my "gates" but I immediately eliminate them.

Meredith is like Admiral..long furs equals horking. Katie has long furs too but this is a first for her on the bed and certainly up at pillow level was horrible.

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals