Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday In The Woods

This is a view of my side back yard.
It's a bit wild and borders the woods that line my yard.
Doesn't show you the real snow ville
but it does show some of the fallen trees.
There's a big one towards the right corner.
A fir tree that almost hit the fence.

I'm almost melted.
Went in the back yard with the dogs
and there are still piles of it.
I'm sure it will go away soon.

It was a wild week.

My older dog is relieved to have her normal yard back.
My little dog doesn't like the sounds of saws
that have become the new ringing from
almost every yard near us.

Me, I'm ok with being inside for now.
Had a bit of a setback health wise
but am on the mend.

I feel so much better than I did
so, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Does remind me though
that I have tested fate
one more time.

And again, I laugh at it.
Not this time.
Too much to do.

And, with that in mind,
I have made a list of things I need to do.
I'm not quite up to doing them yet
but I will get them done.

For today though,
I will drink my tea
and enjoy my napping puppy.

The cats are all upstairs.
The constant saw noise has them
all on a soft blanket or
napping on the towels in the closet.

Oh, and I got the photos to download
so next Monday I will have those
ever so cute photos of
Miss Meredith Ann.

She is just the cutest big fluff ever.
And, add in that personality of hers.
I was just too lucky that day
that I looked at her window.

She looked back at me and yelled.
Couldn't stop thinking about her.
Went back three times and
on that third time I told myself
that if she was still there
I would take her home.

That was over two years ago.
She's just spoiled like every cat should be.
Fat .. cozy and happy.

So, I hope you aren't snowed in
or watered in as some have become.
May this Winter get just a bit warmer.
I'm so ready for Spring.

Here's to your list
may you get it done.

~ JC ~

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

The boys send their purrs, that you're back to 100% (whatever 100% is for you) very soon.

Fifty-four days till the Spring equinox. In our area it will come later, most likely. In yours, probably earlier! :-)

ellen abbott said...

We're having a very mild winter this year after two years of bitter ones. I wonder what it portends for the rest of the year.

Takie said...

Really nice blog! and such a wonderful poem thank you for sharing!

Dog Fence | Pet Solutions

Remington said...

Great post! Hope you are feeling better....relax and enjoy the weekend!

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals