Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Update From The Woods

~ ~ ~ ~
It's still moist out but trying to clear up.
The blue is peeking out from the grey clouds.
A roll of fog came in and left a few hours later.
I guess sweeping away the drippy drops.
 
A squirrel is eating our beloved bird TV suet.
A small woodpecker made Meredith Ann's morning.
She sings to the birds in a very cute voice.
Napping now while she dreams of warmer days.
 
Riley Andrew escaped last night.
Mr. Boatman was on door duty.
He was letting Maddy Jean in and didn't see him.
He was hiding under the table.
Out into the drips he went.
 
I then had to get my flashlight and go out in the wets.
Dark as can be too.
It took me about an hour of saying nice things to him.
He finally came back in.
By then, I had most of the Purr and Fur Gang
put away in rooms so that the doors could be opened.
Bad orange baby boy.
(no one of the purr variety goes
 outdoors unless on a leash)
 
Jodie Belle found the old dog bone box
 that was waiting to be burned.
She's chewed that up and made quite a mess.
Maddy Jean is dreaming in the hall about younger years.
 
Me, I'm waiting for people to call me back.
I hate doing that.
The not wanting to miss the call.
 
I do need to get out and about this afternoon.
So, I might call them .. again .. to see if they know yet.
I'm trying to get my surgery scheduled.
Would like it at the hospital I want at the time I want.
This guy has three places and only comes to mine
once a week thus, he books out fast.
 
Nothing is ever easy .. is it.
 
Hope you all have a PURRfect Weekend.
Relaxing and dancing, of course.
 
~ JC, Meredith Ann and Riley Andrew ~
*Mere is napping near me and
Riley is on the scratching post*

3 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope you get it scheduled to your satisfaction. Have a warm and snuggly weekend.

Geraldine said...

Nice to find your blog again today!

Hope everything works out for the best.


Mr. Cheddar and I share a product review blog now.

KathyB. said...

I completely know what you're talking about when it comes to opening & closing doors without letting cats in or out. We have lost too many beloved cats to coyotes in the past years and do not let the cats out, especially Blizzard. I do not think I can bear to lose another precious cat.

Then of course, there are the dogs. All old,all wanting to stay close to hearth.

I hope your surgery is scheduled at your convenience and you get the phone calls soon.Seems so cruel sometimes when indifferent medical staff, personnel, etc., forget to take into consideration the people they leave hanging , waiting for calls, are experiencing great stress, needlessly, as they wait for the calls. Again, prayers for you.

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals