Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why ?

Someone asked WHY ? ...

Why was I in a coma ~ Long story ... but, I'll tell the short story first. I thought I had the flu but I was wrong. My temp went to 104 & stopped. I had gone into sepsis ... yes, you die from that ... I thought I was getting better ... must have been the blood clots causing havoc in my brain. Anyway, my daughter found me on the floor ... she called my husband who came home. I kept repeating the same thing ... What time is it and Where's Jasmine ... see, I always have a cat on my mind ... so, off to the ER I go, don't remember much ... woke up 9 days later. I could write a novel about how fun being in intensive care really is ... and not to mention learning to walk & talk ... again ... but, lets just say that a guy came in my room ... I didn't have a clue who he was ... he had to tell me ... ends up it was my husband ... lucky me ... a cute one .. so for some reason I survived ... and no I wasn't supposed to ... I do think it's all my cats in Kitty Heaven ... or my Mom & Dad & my cousin Carmen who was a nun ... just not my time to go ... and lets' face it ... the Cats Need Me to Feed them ...

Love of Cats ~ started when I was about 6 ... my first pets were ducks ... that ought to let you know that my love for animals started a bit off ... ducks in the city ... that's a story isn't it ... anyway, there were dogs and then there was the lost cat on the street that I brought home ... my Mom found the owner but it wasn't long before I got my first cat ... a Siamese who talked all the time ... and I mean ALL the time ... and since then I've been a sucker for a cute face with whiskers ...


Water ~ I love the Ocean. Grew up camping at the Ocean all the time. My parents actually belonged to a camper club. Now, who among you can say that ? I'd sit in the back seat ... seeing those signs ... you know the kind that mark a driveway to the beloved water front ... I told myself ... I will live there someday ... well, some 40 odd years later ... I do. Not on the Ocean but an inlet ... that comes from the Ocean. It has sand dollars ... at a very low tide ... so, I think it counts. We just got it last year ... so I'm a novice water owner ... and by the way the bank owns it ... and if my banker is reading ... I love you ... want a mini sand dollar? It's close to a lovely small island ... Steamboat ... isn't that cute ... on low tide you can walk under the bridge that leads to the Island ... it's that small ... if you have to be near an Island ... why not that one ... Captain Jack would like it too I think


Writing ~ I grew up asking my Dad what he had done that day at work. He would tell me about delivering cement. Then he would ask me to tell him a story. My love for 'telling' was born. In High School & College, I told anyone who would ask ... that I wanted to be a writer. When I started to work at a bank, counting checks, my dream kind of went to the shelf ... reality came into focus. I have notebooks with stories & details but I got busy with life & raising kids & don't forget the feeding of those hair balls and a fish or two. After my coma, while I sat here ... wondering WHY did I wake up ... I started to write again. Small stuff ... nothing too important ... and in between my moments ... yes, after three years I still have moments ... where I just sit & forget how long I've sat ... that's what lists are for ... and understanding husbands ... anyway, that's when I got the urge ... no I would say it's more the NEED to write again ... if nothing else to see if I could find that girl again ... you know the one that used to tell her father stories ... before the damage done to my memory banks ... the one who actually thought she would be a writer ...

No comments:

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals