Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Proud Of It


My first cat was a kitten that I found at the end of the block.
I brought it home.
Mom told me to take it back.
Knock on the closest door.
They said it belonged to them.
I knew then that they weren't a good family.
I walked home.
Not happy.
Kept looking back.
It was a long block.
All I know is my Mom gave in.
She took me to get a cat that week.
It's been a steady intake ever since.
It was meant to be.
If there's a stray, I feed it.
I take it in if it needs a home.
I donate if I can't.
Starts at a young age.
Proud of it.

~JC ~

5 comments:

Ivan from WMD said...

And you should be! The world needs more cat loving people like you!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hooray! Same goes for our crazy cat guy!

pilch92 said...

I am proud of it too :)

Lyn said...

You should be proud!
I am the crazy cat person n my family!
xxxx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals