Monday, April 21, 2014

I Know It

~ ~ ~
Been an interesting week.
Lots of quiet times.
Noise of a different type.

Life is just slower here.
Don't really know why.

I'm guessing due to no real things
that I have to do.
No appointments.
No times that have to be met.

Just the quiet of the water.
A Seagull here.
An Eagle there.
A Crane standing on the edge of the shore.
A Seal visiting the buoys.

Now, that's excitement.
I watch from the deck,
if the rains are gone.
From the kitchen window,
if it's too windy and cold.

Cars come and go.
Not a lot though.

Usually, I'm in my woods.
The road is way out there.
Here, it's just down the driveway.
It's the water part of the yard
that is so quiet.

Yesterday, I walked the beach.
Wasn't too cold or windy.
Looking for shells or anything cool 
to pick up for my windows.

Only a few people and dogs
running about on the sandy shores.

Going to rain for a few days.
So, inside I will be.
Just me and the Purr and Fur Gang.

I live a good life.
And, I know it.

~ JC ~

8 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Enjoy the seal watching, it sounds like fun!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Sounds like a bit of bliss to me...and great photo ops too!

Ivan from WMD said...

It sounds wonderful. :-)

clairz said...

Living a good life is a wonderful thing. Knowing that you do (as you said) makes it way more wonderful. Just as you like glimpses into my desert world, I love love love your visits to the sea.

Judy said...

I love that photo - Momma cat wrapped around her half grown baby!
I still envy you the beach!! Hope you found some lovely treasures to bring home!

Ramblingon said...

Oh how wonderful a scene you paint with lovely words.

Katie Isabella said...

That photo is so beautiful and sweet.

KathyB. said...

I love the photo. You put into words my perfect day in a cabin near the water.

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals