Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Like Angels

~ * * ~
The snow, that was supposed to show up yesterday,
arrived while I slept.
Just enough to cover my trees,
and they do belong to me, and lawn.
Pretty isn't the word to describe the thrill I felt.
The dogs did their puppies in the snow routine.
Like angels only with tails.

Jodie loves the snow.
Maddy Jean likes to roll in it
while watching Jodie pounce around.

Now, as I type, small dainty flakes are falling.
I like this kind of whiteness.
Makes my woods special.
Like it's wrapped in a delicate package
waiting for someone to come outside
with a cup of coffee in hand
and just look at it for a while.

Of course, I say all this on a day that I don't
 have to get out and about at any specific time.
If I did, this post would be different
and I'd be annoyed that I had to drive in it.

Today though this is quite nice to
 drink meowning coffee with.
 Riley says the snow is nice too.
 Brings the birds to his feeders.
 Makes for a grand meowning for tv.

~ JC ~

3 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I would be less appreciative of more snow, now that it's March. :-)

Remington said...

Enjoy your peaceful snow falling day....

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

We had some snow over the weekend too, looked like a blizzard for about five minutes. But it's gone already, thank goodness!
I'm glad you can enjoy it in peace without having to get out in it soon!

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals