Saturday, July 9, 2011

Come Along With Me

It's a sunny Saturday at the beach.
I'm ready for a nice Summer day.
Been thinking a lot while I've been here.
Lots of changes going on.
The end of parts of my life.
(My youngest graduated from High School in June.)
Come September, I will have lots of time to be me.
Not the role of Mother.
Just the role of being me.
I haven't done that in a long while.
With these couple of quiet weeks at the beach,
I've been thinking about the next faze in my life.
I'd like to travel.
Maybe write a bit.
Figure out what it is I need to do for me.
Not for anyone else.
Those years are done now.
So, on this sort of warm Summer day,
I will go for a walk.
There is talk of getting me in the canoe.
Now, that one you wouldn't want to miss.
I don't like water.
I know ... I live on it.
I'll get in the canoe and be screaming the whole time.
Not to worry.
I'll be fine.
So will my neighbors ears.
I live on an inlet so it's calm most of the time.
I'm also working on losing my extra pounds.
Seriously I am.
No laughing out there.
I'm going to write down everything I eat.
That used to help me realize what I was putting in.
I just love food so much.
Not like anyone out there can relate can they.
So, fruits and salads and exercise are my new best friends.
That and a bit of fur from the Purr & Fur Gang.
Enjoy your Weekend.
And, if you hear someone screaming,
it means I went on that canoe ride.
Yikes !!!

~ JC ~

3 comments:

Purrfect Haven said...

we have 'come along with you'... and loved the trip. Thanks. Love Darcy, Bingley and Helen xx

Kea said...

Did you go? :-)

Thanks for checking on my Musings site...just another one of many posts about the trivial. LOL.

Marg said...

Thanks so much for putting up the bit about poor Sapphire and Lil Em.
We really appreciate and Lil Em sure needs a nice loving home.
Like your blog and hope you have a good trip in the canoe. Did you really go in it? And the diet sounds scary. Hope it all goes well for you.

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals