Friday, February 18, 2011

On This Frozen Day

It's cold !!!
The snow sort of melted.
The hail later made it white again.
The next hail storm really made it white.
This morning, I have frozen hail balls on my porch.
In the front yard, even the bird feeder is frozen.
I asked Riley,
who was looking for his bird tv channel,
where he thinks the birds go when it's this cold.
He told me he'd nap on it and get back to me.

The moving van is being picked up at four.
Taking it to my new place on Saturday.
It's not really new, we've owned it for a few years.
(bank does but you know what I mean)
After that, I will be ready to move in
with the Purr & Fur Gang.

Yesterday, I had a bit of a moment.
Thought about my new adventure.
The leaving here after all this time.
The what am I doing and where am I going kind.
I know it's the right thing.
I hope it brings me peace.
I need that so very much.
I'll still come back to this home.
When there's this or that that I need to be part of.
Mr. Boatman and I have agreed
 that we are just living apart.
 Not getting divorced.
Isn't that what everyone says when they do this ?
~ ~ ~
So, on this frozen day,
 I start my new life.
If I shed a few tears in my coffee,
I'm sure no one will mind.

~ JC ~

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Bless your heart. Oh, wow. Love and light heading your way, JC. Wishing you the very best in this new chapter of your life.

RIP, Annie.

Fragrant Liar said...

Sounds like you are going through some major life changes. I know for me, also in the middle of many changes, I have to find a new normal. It's okay to be sad and shed tears for what was or what you hoped for that didn't happen. There should be a How-to book for modern life, but we just have to keep winging it, right?

I wish you many good fortunes.

Kimber

P.S. I spent a few years in Seattle when I was a kid, and we had huge bushes of fragrant lilacs in the front yard. I still remember the smell, and I miss them.

Sally in WA said...

At least the forecast looks promising for your move, JC.

{{{Hugs}}}

I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Lyn said...

I send you ((((((((hugs))))))))) I hope all goes well for your move.
love
Lyn
xxx

clairz said...

Oh, no, this is sad. I'm so sorry. As others have said before me--hugs to you. Keep writing.

Judy said...

I hope you find the peace you need! Everything will work out, maybe not the way we want, but it will work out! More hugs!!

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals