Monday, November 8, 2010

Mondays With Meredith Ann

It's another moist Monday.
Not raining now but did it ever this week.
In this photo, I'm looking out at the back yard.
I'm always on the job.
Looking for that next story.

I asked to go out.
Mom said NO.
This is what she did instead.

She took photos of me.
Something about it being
too wet and cold for my paws.
I told her I wouldn't run away into the woods.
I don't think she believed me.

What else happened this week ?

My brother, Ashton is in love
with the new scratchy bed toy thing
that Mom bought me last week.
(Yes, in case there is any confusion it is mine.)
 He keeps taking the toys that snap off.
 He brings them into Mom's room
 singing all about it.
 Usually around two or four in the meowning.
 Just to let Mom know
 that he likes that nip inside of them.
He really is silly.

Here he is zenning with my toys.
He waits til I'm a napping
 (which isn't often being the blogging cat that I am)
and that's when he takes them.
 Mom has a mean throat.
She sounded really funny this meowning.
You can guess what I'm doing today.
Taking care of my Mom.
A cats job is never done.

Til next week,
~ Meredith Ann ~
^,,^

12 comments:

clairz said...

Yes, you should come to the desert. No more sore throats (well, a little sneezing perhaps, no place is perfect)!

Lyn said...

Hope you Mom is feeling better soon. shame about the rain, maybe the sun will come out tomorrow!
love
Lyn
xxx

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom' throat. We hope the tea helps.

I love being out in the rain but, for some reason, #1 doesn't think it's a good idea Humans are strange...

Purrs
Bibi-Chan

Sally in WA said...

You take good care of your mom, Meredith Ann. Go snuggle up with her. She was smart to not let you go out or you might have ended up with a mean throat yourself.

Kea said...

Hi Meredith Ann.

We hope your mom feels better soon! Does she take echinacea and vitamin C? Our mom swears by those, and if they don't work in double-doses, a shot or two of whiskey is good!

Noll said...

Meredith Ann, I can believe you are a great comfort to your Mom :) Have a good week and purrs to your Mom's fast recovery.

Dianne said...

I hope Mom's throat feels better soon!! I'm sure you are an excellent nurse :)

The Creek Cats said...

Hi there, cutie!!
Take good care of your mom. We're sending her healing purrs.

Webster said...

You just be sure to keep your Mom warm when she takes her nap. I'll bet she gives extra treats for that.

KathyB. said...

Meredith Ann you are such a good and practical cat. You know you and the rest of the furry family depend on Mom , even if the rest of the cats think otherwise. Good for you Meredith Ann.I hope Mom is feeling better soon.

Remington said...

Take good care of your mommy! I hope she feels better very soon!

Judy said...

JC, take care of yourself! I am getting back on my feet after being hit with a couple of things, and I can't help thinking it would have been so much easier to not get sick in the first place.
Hope you have some sunshine over the next few days!!

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals