Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday With Maddy Jean

Maddy Jean

I thought today would be
Monday with Maddy Jean
Since she is napping
I'll write the blog

What a wild couple of days this has been
With Riley Andrew being sick
And, I mean SICK
we have all been on
pins & needles

This morning, he seems to be just a
TINY bit better
Thus, I don't think I will have
to take him back to the
VET today

Not out of the woods but improving

The weather was sort of nice
this weekend
so, Mr. Boatman & Son
got started on the yard jungle

Which meant that Maddy Jean
had someone out with her
in her back yard  territory

While out there the boys
discovered a big bee hive
I went out there and found them
Contemplating what to do
Since it was honey bees
We left them alone
for now
(they are in our compost pile area)

I was the brave one
and covered the area up
(Mr. Boatman had stepped on the hive)
What an odd place for one but what do I know
I'm not a honey bee

Mr. Boatman went to his boat
to start the polish & wax routine
Son said he was working on his paper
I went up to sit with Riley
He was on the bed
Which he never does
I talked to him
Told him I loved him
And, that he needs to get better
(he is only three)

I so hope that I don't lose him
Way too young for this

And, that is the Monday Maddy Jean update

Me, I'm having coffee
Watching bird tv with Riley

How was your weekend ?
What did you find in your jungle ?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are purraying the Riley gets better furry soon! We have a honey bee hive near our house too. We don't bother with it as they need a home too.

Kea said...

We're continuing to send purrs and healing Light to Riley. Fingers and paws crossed!

Maddy Jean looks so sweet, napping peacefully. :-)

My "jungle" is a mere 16' x 16' townhouse space, but I see that one of my transplanted hostas didn't survive the winter, and a shrub that's been growing for a number of years looks dead now. The boys have killed it. LOL. So I think I'll be doing some planting next month, when the possibility of frost has passed. Or maybe I should just give up altogether, since Nicki and Derry are so hard on everything out there!

janis said...

Prayers for your Riley! My Riley has an appointment at the Vet today, but happily it is for a "Pedicure" She is my Blue tick and her nails get gigantic as she is a lazy house dog instead of a hunting dog which is what she is bred for.
Speaking of prayers for our loved ones... I could use some for my Rocky. He is my 16 yr old black sweetheart cat. He has been acting so strange... We had an appt for him too as he had not slept in days. Happily purring, meowing and wandering about ALL day & night for over a week. We have finally got him to rest and sleep but only for short "cat naps" nothing like his usual 20 hrs a day sleeping. It appears he may have Feline Alzhimers. Can you even imagine?? He does have most of the symptoms. Well, we'll see. As long as I can keep him happy & comfortable...

Brian's Home Blog said...

Maddy Jean looks so comfy cozy. We are all purring for Riley, purring and purring!

Jacqueline said...

I hope Riley starts feeling better soon and his test come back good; I'll keep him in my prayers...Maddy Jean is adorable.

The Island Cats said...

We hope Riley feels better soon!! And Maddy Jean...enjoy your nap!!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh we so hope that Riley starts to feel better soon. We are sending him lots and lots of purrs and prayers to get well soon.

Maddy Jean is quite a cutie - we are glad she had a good day.

Sultan said...

Good wishes to the ailing Riley.

Cheyenne -Millie said...

We are purring and praying for Riley.

Our jungle is full of lots of things in boxes!

Webster said...

Hoping for good rest results for Riley. It seems to be a good thing that he was up on the bed - he had to jump up, right? Maybe he just needed quiet time. Sending good thoughts to you and Riley.

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals