Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pools & Walks

I'm back from Vegas. The pool at the Wynn was ok. A bit windy but warm enough for me. The locals were wearing coats and scarfs. They really are spoiled.

I had a lovely morning sitting by the pool with my iced coffee. In the afternoon, I had a beer and a veggie wrap while reading my book. Later my cute husband showed up for a ray or two. In the evening we found a delic italian place. Afterwards, we walked outside along the strip, over the walkways & down the other side. I took the elevators due to my legs giving me trouble but it was a lovely walk indeed !

I had to sit for a while & a 25 cent machine called my name. I actually won 3 times what I put in. I printed my ticket and ran away before I put it back in.

The next day I sat by the pool but in a different part. Much warmer than the day before. In the 80's. I had a great location & was getting a bit toasted when my husband called for me to meet up with him. After getting a deli lunch, I ventured up to our room for a cat nap. When my husband got back from his meetings, we went to another part of the pool for a beer. A really nice day sitting in the sunshine. In the evening we went out to dinner and walked around again. Ended the evening winning at a 2 cent machine.

The last day, it was cloudy, so no pool time. Packed & watched the clouds roll in. Walked around a bit & played the 2 cent machine. Won enough to pay for the taxi ride to the airport. Got there & enjoyed a very tall beer & a slice of pizza before waiting for our late flight back home.

Got home to find out that my teenager had not done the things on his list. At least not on Friday. So, after a few loud meows from my kittens & a lick or two from my dogs, I was forgiven for leaving them with the boy.

Today I went out & bought bird seed. There was bad reception in bird tv land. Now hopefully, our birds will return and my kittens will be happy with me once again.

1 comment:

Ren said...

JC, That pic of you is adorable! Like your hairdo...and the background is great...I miss Vegas...Glad you had fun.

REN

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals