Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Purr and Fur Gang

My life is just dam complicated so
 I'm not even going to talk about it.
Instead, I'll step over it and on to other things.

The Purr and Fur Gang are all well.
Which is sort of amazing considering their ages.
(checking to see if they are listening)
Cause I'm going to talk about them.

Big Al is fourteen and doing great.
He naps a lot but so do I.

Ashton Rosevelt naps a lot too but he's still talking away.
He's the one I watch close.
I'm always wondering where he went.
He has gotten locked in a lot of closets in his life.
I never leave without knowing where he is.
He's eleven  now.

Jasmine Marie is still a crabby old Siamese.
Sweet though when she wants to be
but basically any growl you hear is from her.
She's nine or ten.

Riley Andrew is still getting in trouble.
Every chance he can actually.
I think he's around eight or nine now.
He hasn't really slowed down much.
He still owns the perch by the window
and watches bird tv with me.
Yes, I watch it every morning.

Meredith Ann has been with me for three years.
(this coming November)
I can't even remember life without her.
She has changed my days so much.
I think she's about five or six.
She is an absolute doll.
Except for her silky furs that get nasty clumps.
That she and I could do without.

Maddy Jean is ten and still going.
Her tumors are unfortunately growing with her.
She's been with me one more year.
That nasty cancer surgery is a memory now.
No more of those for her ever.
She naps a lot.
I'm fine with that.
She doesn't seem to be in pain so more time is what I get.
She watches Jodie play.
So do I.

She's quite entertaining actually.
Everyone should get a Collie.
At least we think so.
Jodie Belle is the cutest Rough Collie ever.
No, really I mean it.
Barks too much but so do I.
Let's face it, who doesn't bark too much.
Just love her so much.
She has made Maddy Jean happy.
All the cats like her too.
Ok, not the Siamese but Jazz doesn't like anyone but me.

See, that was more fun than telling you about my life.
Hope you all have a nice day.
I'm off to dance a bit.
It seems to make me forget and I like that.

~ JC ~

5 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, how well I know!!! My life is the same, and all of my animals are getting on in years, too!!! But I still want every day with my babies!!!
Take care of yourself!!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hugs to all of you, furry or not!

KathyB. said...

I love your way of deciding to talk about the animals in your life and dancing instead of , well, the opposite. Not that I wouldn't read your post or sympathize and pray for you otherwise, but sometimes for our own sanity and well-being we just need to be happy & appreciative of the good things. Problems, trials, and tribulations are with us til death, but no one can take away our thankfulness, our love for life, our joy in the simple daily blessings, except our self.

JC, I hope you're well.

This N That said...

Nothing like a little purr and fur to make one forget the reality of things..Enjoy..Glad you have them..

Ivan from WMD said...

That was a nice family post, worth rejoicing.

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals