Friday, November 16, 2012

Silly Snowshoe Siamese Friday

A rare photo of my Sassy Snowshoe Siamese,
Jasmine Marie.
She normally lives upstairs in her closet.
Yes, she owns it but allows the rest
 of us to venture in for visits.
In the afternoons, after her naps,
she will come downstairs for pets.
Only because we've made too much noise
or not been upstairs at the right time to pet her.
She is a funny girl.
Too many pets and she'll hit you.
It's those white paws that get her in trouble.
We think she was very abused before she was rescued.
She's come a long way since I picked her up at PetSmart.
I told her she was safe now.
Well, as safe as I could make her.
She enjoys her life ruling her brothers.
She yells at them if their shadows come close.
Hissing is her middle name.
She is Siamese after all.
In the afternoons and evenings,
I will go upstairs and call her name.
She comes and sits with me.
Thus, I spend lots of time with her.
Some days she doesn't come to visit.
She naps on her blanket in the closet.
I love this girl more than I can say.
She saved me when I was so sick
after my coma, six years ago.
I woke up and asked about her.
Everyone wanted to know who she was.
She was one thing I did remember.
Silly how that is.
The things that you remember
when you can't even remember
how to walk.
It's that Silly Snowshoe Siamese
and me .. always will be.
 
Right now, she's napping.
Too early for her to get up.
If you need her,
she'll be taking pets
upstairs on her blanket.
 
~ JC ~
(and, Maddy Jean, Jodie Belle, Big Al and Riley)
The den is a bit busy this meowning.

11 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

She certainly is a pretty lady!

Mr. Black said...

That was wonderful. What a lovely story. A very lucky kitty to have found you.

Katie Isabella said...

Oh her face is so adorable and I read her story and yours, twice. Enjoyed ever y word. She is your actually good friend. XXOO

Katie Isabella said...

Katie said where is Ashton?

Webster said...

Such a houseful of lovely cats you have. They all know how to dance around each other so well.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Aw, isnt she pretty! What a special girl!

Sultan said...

What a sweetie.

Judy said...

Now she is a gorgeous girl!! Isn't it funny how long the memory of abuse can linger!
Hope you are feeling well in spite of all the noise!!

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a lovely cat. She sounds quite the character.

Katie Isabella said...

Beautiful girl and I love her shoes. xoxoxox

Remington said...

Beautiful cat! Our Coleridge was an "under the bed" kitty while we lived in MN. Don't know why....but now in WI he is all over the place and seems like a completely different guy....funny how things go....

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals