Saturday, May 22, 2010

Awards On Saturday

I have received two awards.
The Versatile blogger and
The Sweet Blog

The Rules ~ mention the person who gave you the award. Pick three blogs to receive this award. Ok, it said ten but seriously I don't have time for that and it's Saturday and I have an owl in my yard and ....Notify these blogs that they got the award. Oh, and say some things about yourself. I think both of these blogs said to do that ... So ... here goes ...

(I know that they want more people nominated.
If you did not receive this award from me
 and you think you should have,
just let me know
and I'll write something nice about you
 and give it to you.
Until you do that, here are the awards and the three
 ... six in total ...
receiving these awards)

Something about me, JC,
also known as the old lady who lives in the woods
with her dogs and cats.
 And, let's not forget the birds, squirrels, ducks ...
they are gone now but I'm mentioning
them cause I liked having them visit me,
 the owl, and the owl's Mom, yes,
 I have at least two owls in my back yard.
Hoo would have thought.

One ~ I love the Ocean. It brings me peace. I seem to need that. I don't get there often but I try to go once a year.

Two ~ I love Lilacs but my two in my yard don't do much. Neither do the ones at my beach place but in their defense the deer ate them last year and well, they might never bloom.

Three ~ I am a 'life got in the way' writer. When graduating from college people would ask me what I wanted to do and I said, write. Did I ... you bet. In notebooks. Did I ever publish .. no, I did not. Will I ever ... probably not but I love the writing process.
 The thinking of what I could write about.
 The rewriting ... see I'm a closet writer.

Four ~ I was in a coma four years ago and
I was not supposed to live. I did.
Life's been a struggle but I keep on going.
 It's sometimes a lonely life but it's worth it.

Five ~ When someone asks what you would take from your house in a fire or if an alarm went off ... I am very perplexed cause I have five cats and I'd have to go back and get them all or die trying.

Six ~ I have coffee every morning while talking to my cats who are watching bird tv
Seven ~ I enjoy a glass of wine in the evening while watching the owl in the back yard
And, that's all you get to know about me today ....


has given me The Versatile Blogger Award.
I love her blog.
Always interesting.
 Never a dull moment over at her place.
I don't know how many the original award was given out to.
I'm only giving them out to three.
Cause I'm old and I live in the woods.
My woods have been very busy lately so three it is.

She is always writing something interesting.
 I don't comment all the time but I do stop by to see
what's going on in her head.

I love to hear about her farm.
Dogs, donkeys, lambs ...
you name it and she writes about it.

She writes about her adventures.
Who wouldn't want to read about old castles.
Plus, my heritage says I'm from Scotland
 and go back to a clan.
Thus, I'm interested in what she has to say.

OK, that's it. No time for anymore.
 Owls in the backyard and all.

~ JC ~


And, now to the next award ...

Susan at Coffee Slut 
has given me the Sweet Blog Award

I am always shocked when someone thinks
of me for an award.
I just speak from my old heart
over here in the woods.

I'm going to do three again cause I like that number
 and like I said above,
 I have an owls in my back yard.
That's reason enough for doing only three.

Crack me up ...
I love this blog.
Want to take this dog home with me.
Don't tell the girls.
So funny !!!

Who wouldn't like a blog about three Siamese cats ?
And, the ones outside too.
She also leaves me nice comments.

She writes about her lovely New Mexico
She takes gorgeous photos
Teaches me all about this trail, that camera pose.
I've learned so much from her.  

~ JC ~

7 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Thanks for the shout out JC. that's very sweet of you.

Remington said...

Thank you so much for the award! You are so kind! I hope you have a great weekend....oh wait....now Beth wants to say something....
Hi....Just read your blog....was so nice to get to know you. Sounds like you have been on quite a journey, my friend. I like lilacs too and enjoy my coffee each morning with my fur buddies! Keep on writing....if it something you enjoy -- then you should continue! What kind of writing do you do? Short stories or novels? Once again....very nice to get to know more about you. Take care -- we really enjoy your blog!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

That is a real nice award!
You are lucky to have two owls in your backyard!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Congratulations on the very nice awards, you really are special!

clairz said...

Thank you, JC! You always leave the nicest comments. I just took some photos of my cat-who-looks-like-your-cat and I was thinking of you. I'll put them up in the next few days.

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations on your awards and thanks so much for passing the award on to my cat blog; it was very sweet of you to think of me...I enjoyed reading your list and getting to know you better...Take care and thank you again for your kindness.

Farmgirl Susan said...

Thanks! :)

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals