Thursday, April 8, 2010

Riley Andrew

Riley Update
Friday noon
He has had his second x ray
They've given him a barium enema
(sorry for the details)
Going to give another x ray
in two hours
His blood work shows a
very high white cell count
I was told he's doing ok
Basically, they are still trying
 to figure out what's wrong
 I don't think they will
do any surgery today
(there was talk yesterday
of doing exploratory surgery)
Just wish they knew
what was wrong
~ JC ~

Today I took my baby,
Riley Andrew,
into the vet.
He did not get up today.
He slept on the couch.
Did not move.
His fur looks different.
They got him in late afternoon.
Took blood work.
He hissed & growled
 which he has never done before.
Tomorrow, I take him right back in
For x rays and results
I'm hoping for good news
Only I think it might be bad
They weighed him
 and he has lost weight

What did I miss ?

I just knew something was wrong
A Mom knows these things

If you could all keep him in your thoughts
He's only three years old
He is my baby
And, I am very worried

I'll know a lot more tomorrow ...


11 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Riley Andrew, my deepest purrs that it's something that can be easily fixed. PURRRRR

Jacqueline said...

Oh no, that is the worst feeling; I will keep you in my prayers...I hope Riley Andrew's tests turn out ok and there is an easy fix to make him feel better...I really hope he is alright.

Natalie said...

Sending healing thoughts for your baby. :(

Webster said...

All good wishes for a quick recovery for a very cute purrball.

Kea said...

Oh, we're purring hard for Riley Andrew and our human is sending out healing Light.

Fingers and paws crossed that will be something easily treated.

Coffee Slut said...

I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers!

Forever Foster said...

We are so sorry to hear that Riley Andrew is not feeling well. We are sending big purrs.

Brian's Home Blog said...

My sisters and I are purring and purring for you sweet Riley.

The Monkeys said...

We're sending over some big purrs to you and Riley Andrew. We hope he feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

We are sending super strong purrayers to Riley! Please keep us posted!!! We believe his results will come back ok and maybe he just has allergies.

The Florida Furkids said...

Purrs for Riley Andrew. We hope you get some GOOD answers soon.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals