Friday, March 5, 2010

I'll keep the dog ...

Bella

Yesterday, I got the fun task of following my dog around the yard. With a very old bowl in hand, I walked after her waiting for that moment. In the morning, she just looked at me like I was the Crazy Cat Lady doing weird things. I gave up after a few moments of walking around in my blue slippers in the moist grass. I thought, "This can wait". I was right. When she woke from her mid meowning nap, I walked out with her once again. Time & nature had gotten to her and she didn't really mind that I had a bowl. She needed to do her business and thus I got to do mine. Nothing like getting a sample from your dog. Got that image stuck in your mind don't ya ? Once in the house, I double bagged my sample. Labeled the outer baggie and slipped the second bag inside. Note ~ sandwich bags have lots of uses. And, I mean the plastic ones. So, off I go to the lovely expensive vet. I tell them I'll wait for the results. The lady in the blueish outfit ... blue being the color of the day I quess ... says, "oh". I then explain how I want them to do an in house test before they send out for the out of house labs. She takes it back to the vet and asks. Comes back and tells me they will do it. You bet they will. I would have marched my old cat lady bones back to talk to said vet .. if they hadn't. As it turns out, I enjoyed my twenty minutes of sitting in the lobby. Both the cat & dog that left and came in had crystals like my Bella. Seems to be a theme. When the vet came out, he had a smile on his face. Maybe due to the money he has rolling in but I assumed it was due to the results. My Bella has no infection or crystals. She can now take her old lady meds for her moistening problems. YEAH !! That only cost me about three hundred collars in lab tests, meds and very expensive food. Something called ~ wait I have to put my old cat lady glasses on ... Phenylpropanolamine. I've decided that no matter what I have to do in my life, I'm going to make it a good/joyfull/fun time. Thus, I chit chatted with the cute surgeon who came in to get his cat. The lady who came to get meds. The vet tech and I both love facebook. You get the idea. Makes the costs of things and the troublesomeness ... new word there ... about things go .. well ... better. So, some may think of me as that crazy cat lady ... I think I'm just passing time while enjoying the view. When I told Mr. Boatman the good news about Bella, he asked, "And, How much will those cost me?" When I told him it only cost forty or so for the pills he was relieved. Next, question was if he could sit on the blanket on the couch. Well, "Yes, you can". (I'd washed & dryed it again) Not that Bella's problem will ever be solved but at least we are making progress. Just hope this blanket can continue to be washed every other day ... that's what will end up costing me ... new blanket, new couch, new pills, new dog ... I'll keep the dog and get new everything else. And, on that doggie note ... I wish you all a good Weekend ^,,^

15 comments:

Noll's Nip said...

I used to collect urine samples from my diabetic dog (to test with urine strips for sugar). He was shy about it at first, so I had to follow him around with my Cool Whip bowl....your post reminded me of that. What we won't do for are furry loves!

Amy & the house of cats said...

That is great news about Bella and the no crystals! The pills part and the test cost part stink, but it could have been much worse.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jacqueline said...

Glad to hear Bella is doing better...Having numerous animals gets very expensive; the vet bill is outrageous, the Advantage Multi flea meds are expensive every month and the special food, etc., but they are worth every cent...Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Lyn said...

mmm, can't get that picture out of my head!
Good news though, have a good weekend.
Love
Lyn
xxx

LeAnn said...

The things we do!!! Glad bella is ok. Jinxie started pooping in various places and we had to get rid of my sisters couch this week. Like the entertainment unit and the coffee table- what is with that???

JC said...

LeAnn ~ Yikes. The couch in the family room is fairly new but wasn't too expensive. I wash, blow dry it, spray it and put the newly cleaned blanket on top. Sounds a bit like a show (dog) couch doesn't it ?

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

WOO HOO!!! We are glad Bella has no infection or crystals!!!

Darlene said...

Here is an idea I use because my one cat likes to pee on furniture when she is pissed off ! I take the bed pads for people and use them, since they are plactic or rubber on the bottom the puddle won't soak through and they are washable. Saves the furniture I have found. Glad Bella is better, lets all stay healthy this year.

Natalie said...

Vets and dentists........what can you do?? Glad she is okay.xx♥

Annie Bear said...

Great news about Bella, and I love your attitude of making the best of things. I really need to do that a lot more! I totally, totally understand about vet costs.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes, that is really good to hear about Bella. Here's to a stress-free weekend!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

We are glad that Bella is ok. We hope that your weekend is good.

Sultan said...

Good wishes to Bella the nice canine

Naturegirl said...

Are we all not crazy cat ladies who would do everything for our beloved felines and yes dogs too.
I am picturing you following your dog around while he finds his spot..oh how that brings back memories of days gone by.giggling!

Stella Jones said...

Isn't it amazing what we do for our pets? and why? because they give us unconditional love, unlike humans!
Blessings, Star

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals