Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sitting inside my soul


I feel like I am alive again.
My laptop has come home.
It went away to college.
Very unexpectedly.
It arrived home a week ago.
Had to be updated & refreshed.
That means that all the college stuff
Had to be taken off
Tonight it is finally ready to BE WITH ME

It has crumbs in it's keyboard
Smudges that weren't there before
A shake here & a rub there
Might bring back it's shine

I told myself that I would write again
When my lovely laptop came back to me
I waited
I counted
I decided I would not try to think about a thing
Til my blue laptop that I bought to help me
Write the words I needed
To be the creative power that I always
Knew I could be

Not that anyone will read what I put
Down in words
But, I will feel better
It's like they have been sitting
Inside my soul
And, now I can release
The thoughts of this old lady
Who lives in the woods ...

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Godd for you, JC. Go for it.xx♥

KathyB. said...

Write on ! J.C. I will read what you write, and love to read about your love of your cats, dogs, the sea, and Mr. Boatman, so write on!

Brian's Home Blog said...

YAY! That was way cool!!!

ellen abbott said...

Welcome back to blogland.

critterlover said...

Write away! Good your laptop is back to stay!

janis said...

Ready to read all you are ready to write!!!

Noll's Nip said...

"Sitting inside my soul." I like it!

Darlene said...

Let your creative juices flow, we will all read and enjoy them. They will also make us stop and ponder, the inner workings of our souls. Bless you

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals