Friday, May 8, 2009

Back Yard Beauty


This is my new nature friend. Cute .. isn't he. Do you see his friend behind him. The bit of green. It's his smaller froggie friend. When I first saw him, his friend was sitting piggie back style on top of him. This is a very small opening inside a sprayer for a hose.



How did I discover this cute frog? Thanks for asking. My dog needed water. So, I went to the outside hose and when I turned it on water sprayed everywhere. I called my handy dandy husband over to 'Please Fix'.



He told me the connector had broken during the Winter and as he was taking it apart, I looked at our hose wheely thingy. That's the nifty tool that hangs on the house that you reel the hose into so it's not on the ground. It has a flat area where you can put extra yard things. Like old bird feeders that didn't make it to the garage and sprayers.



To my surprise, I was being looked at. I guess a few leaves had fallen over the top of the water sprayer and this made a grand baby froggie area. I ran inside to get my camera but by the time I got back, the smaller frog had gone further back inside.



Amazing what you find in a yard isn't it ?

12 comments:

The Creek Cats said...

A yard holds many fine treasures.... just like this one!

Nan and =^..^= said...

That is a grand surprise! Last summer we had a big toad sleeping in a bird's nest that was on our front steps. We've also been greeted by a tiny tree frog when we opened our mailbox!

Noll's Nip said...

You just never know where you will find "that little something" that lifts your heart and soul. Thank you for sharing that special moment.

JC said...

I was just in the back yard with my dogs. My friends are still living in their secure location. This time he / she was just looking at me like I was no big deal. Such a tiny spot ...

Anonymous said...

Awww very cute! I hear all the frogs at night since my Dad has three ponds around the house. I have yet to see any of them though.

critterlover said...

Awww, very neat. Thankfully, all the frogs live next door in our neighbors pond. Kitties like frogs... for supper. So, I'm glad they stay next door and I get to hear their song every night.

cottage farm villa said...

This photo is just great!!! Yep, I see the second frog....how cute. What a great surprise..... :)

Kimberly said...

What an incredible picture! You should have it printed out, enlarged and framed. I'm a huge fan of nature photography and I've found the best shots are the unexpected ones!

Natalie said...

Lovely little frogs! I just love frogs, they are so cute. Good job.xx

Cindy said...

That is so amazing! It gives me an idea of how to make little houses for frogs that they might actually use. What a special treat- thanks for sharing.

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

Happy Mom's Day! We liked the post about finding the frog in the yard.

Wendy said...

Great photo!

There comes a time in your life when you walk away from all of the drama and the people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for those who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

~ Jose N. Harris

Characters In My Garden

Purr Gang ~ My five cats

Cats ~ Al, Ashton Rosevelt, Jasmine Marie, Riley Andrew & Meredith Ann

Fur Gang ~ Jodie Isabella and Sally Jean
(The Original member, Sweet Bella is in memory only now. Maddy Jean, another original member, past away in August of 2014)

Mr. Boatman ~ my husband who likes boats

DD ~ my daughter who graduated and is now out living in the real world

DS or Dson ~ my son is studying computer science and math



Maddy Jean & Bella

Maddy Jean & Bella
Both gone but never forgotten

Jodie Isabella

Jodie Isabella

Al

Al
I adopted him from our local Humane Society

Ashton

Ashton
Adopted from my local horse supply store

Jasmine

Jasmine
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals

Riley

Riley
I adopted him from the local Humane Society

Meredith Ann

Meredith Ann
I adopted her from Purrfect Pals